flybuys and Velocity have just launched one of the most lucrative bonus points offer (perhaps the most lucrative ever). Unlike their past offers where you just transferred your flybuys points to Velocity and earned a certain percentage of bonus points (generally 15%), there is a bit more involved with the current offer.
There are 2 steps to this offer and you must complete both of them to be eligible for bonus points. Someone fully optimising the offer can earn up to 200 bonus Velocity points for every 2,000 flybuys points they transfer, as I explain below.
You can earn 200 Velocity points for every 2,000 flybuys points you transfer
In step 1, members are required to shop with the nominated flybuys partners, spend a minimum of $10 with each of them and scan their flybuys card at the time of shopping.
You do not need to shop with all the four partners, however, the more partners you shop with, the greater your bonus.
The four eligible partners for this offer are:
- Coles Online
- First Choice Liquor
Coles is an eligible partner for this offer
Once you have completed your shopping with the participating partners, you must transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points to Velocity. Depending on the number of partners you shop with, you will receive the following bonus:
The bonus points are tiered under the current offer
- If you shop with any 1 of the 4 partners, you will receive 100 bonus Velocity points for every 2,000 flybuys points you transfer.
- If you shop with any 2 of the 4 partners, you will receive 150 bonus Velocity points for every 2,000 flybuys points you transfer.
- If you shop with any 3 of the 4 partners, you will receive 200 bonus Velocity points for every 2,000 flybuys points you transfer.
You don’t need to be a mathematician to see that the last option provides the greatest return.
Ordinarily, 2,000 flybuys points convert to 870 Velocity points. However, under the current offer, when you shop with 3 of the 4 participating partners and meet the minimum spend with each of them, the same 2,000 flybuys points will net you 1,070 Velocity points. That translates into a massive 23% bonus, which is about 50% more than the regularly offered transfer bonus of 15%.
The offer is NOT targeted and is open to all flybuys and Velocity member. That said, before you commence proceedings to earn bonus points, I suggest you familiarise yourself with the following:
- This promotion is valid until 31st October. To be eligible for bonus points, you must have met ALL the conditions of the offer on or before this date.
- You should allow up to 6 weeks after 31 October 2019 for the bonus points to be allocated.
- A maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity points (pre-bonus)) may be transferred for Velocity points per household, per calendar year.
You can check out the full details over here.
I like this offer and plan to maximise it. Sure it requires a bit of work, but for up to 23% transfer bonus, it’s well worth the effort and there is no reason why most people should not be able to take full advantage of it.
Ideally, I would have liked to see the bonus points credited simultaneously with the base points as is usually the case. So it’s a little disappointing in that sense, although if past experience is anything to go by, they will post well before the 6 weeks are up.
Do you plan to take advantage of this offer? Leave a comment below.